IMMERSE SUMMER RESIDENCY for young Adults
The Soma Tacoma elders, along with other key leaders, have been prompted by the Spirit to take a break, a Sabbath rest, from all external training, including Immerse and Soma School for 2016.
This means that Soma Tacoma we will not be leading Soma School in the spring or fall, and Immerse in the summer, but will be listening for the Spirit's guidance for 2017. This was a decision that involved the prayers and listening ears of many in our Soma family. We trust that this break will honor Jesus as He directs us to trust Him while He works to build us up as a local church for His glory.
Soma Immerse exists to see young adults thoroughly gripped by the gospel, resulting in a re-orientation of their priorities toward saturating their city with the presence and power of Jesus.
We believe God is calling and preparing many young adults today to be part of church planting teams that, through word and deed, bring about gospel saturation in their cities. Spending the summer in Tacoma as Immerse residents will help further clarify the calling to His mission for young men and women, and equip them to lead disciple-making missional communities in everyday life.
The summer experience is about total immersion in the gospel, including classroom training, life-on-life discipleship, and missional service. This training is experienced in the context of living with Soma families, partnering with existing missional communities, and practicing leadership while serving the city with a missional heart.
- Renewed love for Jesus and motivation for His mission
- Greater dependency on the Spirit and desire to submit to God’s word in every area of life
- Knowledge and skills to start and lead a Missional Community
- Better understanding of your own story in light of God’s story.
- Increased clarity of your God-given strengths and gifts
- Refining of your gifts in the context of serving Jesus’ mission
Through Immerse training, you will:
- Lead a missional community with others from different backgrounds
- Live and serve alongside families on mission from Soma Tacoma
- Meet tangible needs throughout the city of Tacoma
- Learn to shepherd others in the gospel through a DNA group
- Practice leadership while serving High School Immerse students for one week
WHO SHOULD COME TO IMMERSE
Immerse is designed for those in their 20’s who are currently involved in a church of missional communities or who feel called to be part of a future church planting team.
Please contact us for an application at email@example.com. This application includes three references total, from an elder or pastor, and two additional people you have served under or been discipled by. Your application will not be considered complete until we receive these recommendation letters. Applications are due by April 1st, followed by an interview shortly after that date.
Cost: TBA — provides for housing, some meals, and training costs.
You will be responsible for some of your meals, transportation costs, and any additional spending money. A nonrefundable $200 deposit is due by April 1st. Final payment is due by May 15th.
We are excited to serve alongside you this summer and grow together as the body of Christ for the glory of Jesus. For more information, please contact the Immerse Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
IMMERSE WEEK FOR HIGH SCHOOL TEAMS
Our High School Immerse week is intended to equip high school students who are serving as part of leadership teams and are equipping their peers to live as disciples of Jesus in all of life.
Our holistic learning approach serves small teams of adult and high school student leaders through immersion into local mission, individual coaching for their context back home, and the Biblical foundations for making disciples.
This week is designed to equip and strengthen adult and teen teams and further train youth who may serve as part of church planting teams in the future.
Through our Immersion training, your team will:
- Learn to make disciples in the context of a missional community
- Receive training in the Story of God, Gospel, Identities, Missional Rhythms
- Serve tangible needs throughout the city of Tacoma
- Think through the application for your specific context
- Experience renewed love for Jesus and motivation for His mission
WHO SHOULD COME TO IMMERSE
- 1–2 Adult Youth Group Leaders
- 4–6 Student Leaders
Cost: $500 per person – pays for housing, some meals, and training costs. (You will be responsible for some of your meals as well as any additional spending money.) Team deposit of $300 is due by April 1st. Full team payment is due by June 15th
For more information, please contact the Immerse Team at email@example.com